Thursday, February 25, 2010

This weeks had-to-have


So, I went to St. Vincent's to find a lamp shade for Project Pink Lamp (see below). Buuut I ended up with a mini dish set, and some cute milk glass vases instead!! I saw these dishes and they immediately reminded me of some I saw at Anthropologie a while back. And although they were a little pricey, I pretty much had to have them. I keep thinking of going back to get the bowls, but Steven has grounded me from shopping for the rest of the week. Normally this wouldn't stop me, but he 'put his foot down.' It was cute, so I obliged.


So the story behind these dishes is that they were placed inside of laundry detergent boxes (Oxydol) back in the 50's. Like a cereal box prize-but for moms! I've been researching it and trying to find pictures, but haven't had much success. I love the story behind them though, and can't believe how good they look for being so old! I guess they're made pretty thick since they were placed in a box rather then sold in stores.


The more I talk about them, the closer I get to going back for more. Blarrrg...I hate being on shopping restriction:/ Maybe I'll just go look at them tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment