Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shake it up!


Hello self (myself. Since nobody knows I exist yet...)


So I went for a stroll through my local Salvation Army store the other day and found these little beauties! They were in the box labeled "Vintage AVON bottles" and yet it still didn't click. I saw them and immediately thought...umm...BINGO! I totally need new salt and pepper shakers! I took them home and started to wash them out...and OHDEARGOD! The smell...holy sheezers. I adore almost anything grandma-esque (obviously) EXCEPT the god awful typical grandma smell! And my guess is the few tablespoons of Moonwind Cologne has been festering in these jars for a good long while. Anyway, I had to empty them in the yard 'cause they made my whole kitchen smell just by removing the lid. They have since been soaked, re-soaked, and oh yeah, soaked again. Still smell. Good news is--they look adorable in my kitchen so they can stay. Bad news, looks like I have to go shopping again for new salt and pepper shakers...blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment