Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm blogging...I'm a blogger...I blog!


THIS is huge. For me anyway...I'm still debating if anyone else will find this as fascinating as I do. I guess I should take a moment to explain the purpose of my BLOG (love that word...reminds me of my favorite word BLARG). This blog follows me through my journey of digging (yes, actually digging) through everyone's 'junk' to find priceless treasures! I've been obsessed with second-hand stores since junior high, I remember walking into 'The Village' for the first time--"People actually GIVE this stuff away?!" Most of my wardrobe consisted of second-hand items--BY CHOICE. Except for pants...cause that's just icky. Now that I am at the ripe old age of 25 (no spring chicken, that's for sure), and married to a man who thinks ANY item of second-hand clothing is icky (spoiled), I mainly just shop...and shop...and shop some more for household items! Most of them just need a good scrubbing and they're good as new, others need a little more lovin' than my Ajax can give 'em. That's when the fun comes in! I will admit that I am not a crafty person by nature, I have to actually work at it and cant start a project until I'm truly inspired. Then about half-way through I change my direction completely and hope for the best. I've had great successes with this...and GREAT disasters! But lets stay positive, shall we? I urge everyone to take a gander through their local second-hand stores before shopping in a higher end establishment. You may just find what you're looking for, and usually at about 1/18 of the price! Now that's something my Grandma would be proud of.

Enjoy!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment